Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How far would you go?

Through this infertility journey, I'm really learning more about infertility than I ever thought I would. Meaning, people who do not have infertility coverage (like us) are finding alternative, less expensive options when it comes to IVF. I do want to note that I am not endorsing or suggesting that these alternatives are better overall options but are in fact just that; options. It is important that you do your own due diligence in researching your own personal options and finding what it right for your family. 

Case in point, IVF Vacations. Yes, you heard me correctly. Go on a vacation, get IVF. Couples are going overseas to Europe, India, and South Africa for less expensive IVF procedures and take a much needed vacation in the process. In some cases, as much as half the cost of IVF in the states, including a two weeks stay.

In my research, one popular spot for IVF vacations is the Czech Republic. Ironically enough, this is Bob's "motherland". His grandparents came over from the Czech Republic and we've talked in the past about going there as a family. The one site that kept coming up for me was My IVF Alternative. Founders Magdalena and Jeremy created the site in order to help other couples struggling with infertility and looking for alternative ways to still have IVF, even when it is too expensive for them in the States.

My IVF Alternative helps you with the entire process, including medications, the IVF procedure, travel and accommodations. Their site is packed full of information in their FAQ. It also goes into detail about their partner clinic, Reprofit.

So would Bob and I ever consider doing an IVF vacation? Absolutely!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this information. I have seen this website before and have considered doing it, but not right now. Did you know that Carrie from A Journey of Hope (http://benandcarriemug.blogspot.com/) has actually done a round of IVF in the Czech Rep? I'm not sure who she went with, but you may want to talk to her about it. I've also done a round of overseas IVE, though not in the Czech Republic. I'll post about it sometime.

    ReplyDelete