Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Breakdown in a Target bathroom stall

Well, the title says it all. When I dropped Mason off at preschool today, the first thing that his teacher said to us was, "Today is an exciting day! So-and-so's little sister is going to be born!" Of course, I just smiled politely, said nothing and gave Mason a kiss good-bye.

Now what I really wanted to say was, "Gee, I'm still grieving the loss of Mason's little brother, just had a failed IUI and I'm gearing up for IVF. I'm sorry if I can't be super excited for a stranger's new baby." Ba dum bum. No, I'm not bitter. I'm just sad. I'm done trying to make everyone understand how this feels. I'm sick of explaining myself all the time.

So before I started my weekly grocery shopping at Target, I scurried in the bathroom stall for a good cry. Not the most dignified setting, but what are you going to do? But hey, at least I felt better.


No comments:

Post a Comment