Monday, May 10, 2010

Welcome to Katy's Pharmacy

Over the past year I've watched as my fellow bloggers have shared their vast array of IVF drugs. Oh, how I've longed for the day when it would be my turn... and now my day has come!


I'm pretty sure there's enough Bravelle to impregnate a cow. Then there's my Luveris that I use with the Bravelle. On Day 7, I'll add in the Ganirelix (Antagon). The Z-pak is for before and after the ER. Zofran and Vicodin are for the day of the retrieval. I don't have my 2 Ovidrel in the photo (trigger shots) because they need to be refrigerated. And I also don't have the Progesterone in Oil (PIO) in the photo because, well, I'd like to forget those as much as possible until I have to deal with them. Then of course, there's the obscene amount of syringes and needles. Why do they send so many? What do they think I'm going to be doing with all of them?

Tonight will be my third stims injection. Saturday night was crazy because I was right in the middle of a huge neighborhood get together at our house and I felt rushed and not myself. I also used the needle to mix instead of the Q-cap. Yeah, that didn't work for me. I felt like I wasn't getting it all out of the vial. So last night I used the Q-cap and felt much more confident about the mixing. That's the down-side to using Bravelle instead of the Follistim pen, but I'm soooo not complaining. I've mixed before with my IUI and plus, the Bravelle was FREE! What an awesome blessing! The Bravelle does the exact same thing as the Follistim and I know that my body responds well to Bravelle.

I have my first monitoring appt. on Wednesday. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers that everything is looking good for this cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment