Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Trigger!

Yes! That means the IUI is on and I'll do my trigger shot tonight. I'm so grateful that we're able to move forward with the IUI. I have three eggs that look great. My lining is perfect. We go in on Friday morning for our IUI and I'll do progesterone suppositories for at least two weeks (they're gross, but at least no PIO). Wouldn't it be an absolute miracle if we never even had to think about IVF again? I'm praying for a miracle.

What a wild ride it's been the last few days. Such extreme highs and lows. So many uncertainties. I didn't know what or who to believe. I wanted hope, reassurance, a guarantee that it was going to be okay. What I have to realize is that I have that each and every day and His name is Jesus. He knows what it looks like before I do and His plan is so good and right for me, so much better than I could ever plan for myself. Perhaps it's a matter of trust. How much am I really trusting in His ways instead of mine? He's always provided. He's always been there for my family. Did I think He would disappoint me now? Even if His plan looks different or subscribes to a different timeline, He never fails. And I need to pray to be content with whatever He brings.

"I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." Philippians 4:12-13 (The Message)

3 comments:

  1. Praying and praying and praying some more for you sweet friend! You are an encouragement and inspiration to all you come into contact with. What an amazing witness you are for the Lord. May He bless you today and always. Hugs, Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you lots of luck! My IUI is tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, this is awesome! God is great! Praying you'll never have to experience IVF... and for a stress-free 2WW!

    ReplyDelete