Tuesday, May 18, 2010

IUI back on?

I got my estrogen level back yesterday and it was fabulous; doubled in two days. So what does that mean? It means that I have three eggs that are still holding on and growing. Will they be strong enough to move forward with an IUI? I'll know that tomorrow at my US and blood draw. I'm hoping and praying that there's still a chance for the IUI. We've invested so much time and money already that I'd like to give it a go if it's feasible.

What I found interesting was the differing opinions of the doctors within the clinic. My US yesterday was performed by Dr. C. She's fine, but definitely not my favorite doc there. She gave me the impression that it was pretty hopeless at this point, even for an IUI. But when I got a call from one of the nurses, A (who is one of my favorite nurses at CC), she gave a much different picture and one that was much more optimistic. I was also really touched that she cared enough to share her own personal fertility struggle with me; I'm always grateful when someone does. I think one of the best parts of this journey are all the incredible women with whom I've connected. Definitely helps me to know that I'm really not alone.

So today is my last day of injections (except for my potential trigger shot). For good? Ah, now wouldn't that be awesome. Well, there are still the PIO shots hanging in the balance. I'm guessing that if we move forward with the IUI, I'll still have do do them. I'm still soooo not looking forward to those shots.

Many thanks, again, to everyone praying for us right now. We feel God's covering and hold strong to His promises for our family. I'm keeping my eyes on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment