Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cyst be gone!

I had an appointment on Tuesday for what I thought would just be another quick US, but it turned into a little more. Since the cysts were still there and had no sign of dissipation anytime soon, the Dr. went ahead and did an aspiration and draining. Ah, and of course it was the one day that I brought Mason with me to my appointment.

They ended up needing to take Mason out of the room while they did it and he hung out with the staff during the procedure. But this is why I absolutely LOVE Carolina Conceptions; they were so wonderful with him. I could hear Mason's little voice out in the hall and laughter from the staff. Apparently he was keeping them all entertained with his stories and anecdotes. He even told my doctor that he looked liked George Washington - so cute! He's such a good boy.

The procedure was fairly easy and painless. They inserted the US wand and asked me to cough. At that point, a needle came out of the wand and pierced the cyst. The doctor inserted a catheter to drain the cyst and Voila! - no more cyst. Okay, at least no more visible cyst. The fact that my estrogen level was still so high was indicative that it was probably still active and we need to completely get rid of it before I start my stims. So I've been doing a Gan.irelix injection for the last few nights in hopes that it will bring down my estrogen and we can move forward.

I head into the clinic tomorrow morning for another estrogen check and if it's low, I finally begin my stims! Yay!!!

I'm praying that all my levels are good and I can begin on Saturday. I'm so ready to get this IVF cycle started! I'm so excited to get my sweet baby here. I'm tired, but I'm trusting in God's plan for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment