Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's not as easy as, "Sex?" Yes please!

Ah, how I wish it were the case because then I'm convinced I'd have a house full of kids by now! I mean, if it's that easy for you, then awesome! But some people actually do struggle with TTC and even though I'm not at the point where I think we need to be really concerned, it can be very stressful. This journey has taught me many important lessons along the way, one of them being a greater sensitivity towards those wanting so bad to conceive with months (or even years) of waiting.

I still laugh when I think of one friends advice. "So Katy, if you and Bob want to get pregnant, just go get really drunk and do it in the back of your car! Works all the time for horny teenagers, right?" But if I can take anything from that (yes, there's always a lesson to be learned), it's that not matter how long it takes us to get pregnant again, that Bob and I can really enjoy the intimacy that we share as couple.

Far too often, we (uh, that's for us women) get so caught up in the whole "let's make a baby thing" that we forget about our spouse in the process. Or even worse, we forget that we're supposed to be enjoying ourselves. It seems so strange to use the words God and sex in the same sentence, but yes, God created sex so that we can enjoy it with our spouse. Now if that doesn't prove God's love for us, I don't know what does?

No comments:

Post a Comment