Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tests are scheduled!!!

I finally spoke with my OB/GYN, Dr. Segal, yesterday and he's scheduled me for a small laundry list of tests when I come in for my annual exam later this month. I expressed to him my concerns that I believe there may be a larger underlying problem with my infertility. We discussed the possibility of autoimmune or anti-body issues. We also talked about me having a laparoscopy to dig a little further. Because of the nature of a laparoscopy and the invasiveness of the procedure, it's a last resort, but not off the table.

My feeling is that if there is a problem we're missing and it doesn't matter how many IUI's or IVF cycles that I do. We've got to figure this out first. IVF may still be part of the equation, but I don't believe that it's necessarily the end-all, only solution for us.

We also talked about all the question marks still associated with my last pregnancy. That even though Robert tested perfect with no issues, it's a fact that there was something very wrong with the pregnancy itself. We never dug further to see if it was a blood-clotting issue, but I wouldn't rule it out with the hematoma's that I had around my placenta.

I have to admit that I'm a little angry that I waited so long to dig in and research more before now. But I have to remind myself that God's timing is so much better than mine. And in all honesty, maybe I just wasn't ready until now? I can't go back in the past and beat myself up about what we didn't do. I can only live in the now and trust that God is leading us right where we need to be.

I love that Dr. Segal is so receptive to my feelings about digging for answers. He genuinely cares about my concerns. I guess that he could have been a little more proactive instead of reactive. But once again, what's done is done. This is where I am now and I'm just so grateful and relieved that he wants to help us try to figure this out.

So of what I know and understand, I'm having an Anti-nuclear Antibody (ANA) panel done, as well as having my thyroid checked again. There are also some additional tests for blood-clotting, etc. I feel so excited knowing that we could be one step closer to possibly figuring out what's going on.

Please keep us in your prayers over the next month. Not only for the anticipation of uncovering any issues, but to prepare our hearts and minds for whatever the outcome. After all, God's not a part of my story; I'm a part of His.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will find some answers. Prayers for you as you explore this avenue of your journey.

    ReplyDelete