Wednesday, April 7, 2010

On our way for April/May IVF!

Bob and I had our IVF nurse education class last Wednesday. Talk about information overload! Poor Bob's head was spinning and I could just tell that he is really looking forward to giving me my progesterone shots (uh, no, not really).

We got our tentative timeline for the cycle and a definitive look at my first few appointments and when I'll begin my stimulating drugs (stims). We made it through the first step - getting AF and beginning BCP. She came on Monday morning and I took my first pill last night. I'll take them for the next two weeks through 4/20. April 20th is also scheduled for my baseline US to ultimately determine if we're good this cycle. I can't imagine that I wouldn't be.

I'll begin my stims on Saturday, 4/24 and from there on, it's a little fuzzy until we get closer. I'll potentially be doing my injections for 8-12 days, depending on my bodies response. Looks like we're using Bravelle again (same as my IUI) due to a very generous donation! I'll couple the Bravelle with Luveris. My next monitoring appt. is scheduled for 4/28. Day 7 of the Bravelle/Luveris, I'll add Ganirelix into the mix until I trigger.

At this point, the dates get a little fuzzy, but they're estimating an egg retrieval (ER) the first week of May (most likely around 5/4 or 5/6). Then it's the embryo transfer (ET) subsequently 3 to 5 days later. We're aiming for a 3-day transfer but we'll see how it goes. I begin a Z-p.ak the day before ER.

I'll start progesterone in oil (PIO) shots the day after ER and yes, Bob has the honor. I've heard they're not fun, but it will be well worth it. I also begin one baby aspirin per day and a cycle of Methyl.prednisolone.

Pregnancy test is scheduled two weeks from ER.

We've still yet to determine exactly how many embryos that we'll transfer, but we're leaning towards two (which is pretty standard).

Please begin to pray that God will prepare my body for what we're about to do. Please also pray that His will be done. Please begin to pray for the little life that will hopefully be joining our family soon.

2 comments:

  1. Praying hard for you guys. Stay strong! The man upstairs has your back. :)

    ReplyDelete