Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm pooped!

I know that I write mostly about TTC, but there is a whole different part of my life. Because we suffer SIF, yes, that means I am a momma already to an amazing little guy named Mason. He'll be turning five in May and he's the absolute love of my life. My heart yearns for another child and to give Mason a sibling, but ultimately, my heart belongs to Mason.

Since Tuesday, we have been dealing with the Rotavirus around our house and Mason is being absolutely pummeled by this nasty virus. Most of the vomiting has subsided, but oh, the diarrhea! I know, so incredibly gross, but I never even knew that such a little person could go to the bathroom so many times. His little bottom is raw and momma is the only one that he'll let wipe it. You know it's love when you're blowing on your child's butt so you don't have to touch it to dry it and then slabbing on gobs of vaseline to reduce the chafing.

I've seen more poop in the last 4 days than I care to recall, but I mostly just feel so helpless that I can't do anything to make him better and to take away the tummy aches and diarrhea. The worst was having to take him to the ER for IV fluids. I hated to see him poked like that. He was such a brave boy.

And I'm pooped! (both literally and figuratively) I've been sleeping with Mason on an air mattress in the family room so that I can be right there when he needs me. I'm also trying to make sure that Bob gets sleep so he can work the next day. Last night he was hungry at 1 am, ate a piece of toast and threw it up by 3 am. Poor kid! I can't sleep because I wake any time Mason would make a movement or little moan.

I love my Mason so much. If it turns out that he is it for us, I am fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment