Friday, April 30, 2010

And then there were two

I guess my one cyst was getting a little lonely, so now it has a friend!

Yep! Not only has my cyst not dissipated, but now there's another smaller cyst to keep it company. I've gone in twice this week, only to have the same disappointing news that we can't move forward with my stims until the cysts are gone. My doctors pumped me full of Femara on Monday night in hopes of helping the cyst to shrink, but it made no difference to the size nor my estrogen level. However, it did give me some mean hot flashes and I'm feeling more sick than ever. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd actually rather be doing my injections than taking pills.

So what now? You guessed it! I wait. I'm continuing on crazy pills (i.e. BCP) and waiting until my next US and estrogen check on Tuesday, May 4th. Although the wait is hard, I'd much rather make sure that conditions are optimum for the stims and IVF then to spend all that time and money only to have to cancel the cycle.

There's so much that I continue to not understand about where God has taken us, but I've trusted all along that his plan is good and perfect.

So even now, as I continue to feel the pain and heartache of losing a son, infertility and of an uncertain IVF cycle, I trust in His absolute sovereignty and plan for my life and for our family.

1 comment:

  1. Hope all is going well. I am going through my first round of IVF as well. On crazy pills until 5/24 and then the fun begins! So glad I'm not the only one that thinks BCP can cause craziness.

    ReplyDelete