Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Patience is a virtue

Last night was supposed to be my last BCP, but unfortunately, I have to stay on for one more week.

I went in for my baseline US yesterday and found a small cyst on one of my ovaries. Coupled with an elevated estrogen level means one more week of BCP before I can move on to my injectables. Perfect. That means that my entire cycle is pushed back by a week. My entire life is pushed back by a week. Once again, I'm at the absolute mercy of my body. Completely and utterly out of my control. I guess that'll teach me to think that it's up to me and my planning.

So, one more week and another US next monday, 4/26. If the cyst has dissipated, we're good for a May 1st start date for my injections. And then everything else subsequently moves back by a week from there.

Mason's happy. We moved the date of his birthday party up by a week. Life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. The thing about IF is that it's completely out of our control. I hope the cyst is gone and you can move on with your cycle next week.

    I bet Mason is excited to have an early bday party.

    ReplyDelete