Monday, May 11, 2009

Psalm 37:4

I think that it's really important to keep ourselves in check when it comes to what we want. And more importantly, does it line up with what God wants for our lives? So many times, we can get so caught up in what we want and the pursuit of getting there that we forsake everything else in the process. I can see how TTC could push couples into that mentality. 

I do desire to have another child, but I've also kept with the "mantra" of His will be done, not mine. Meaning, if God wants to add another child to our family, then he will. But I also feel that he has placed that desire within me to be a mom again and that he wants to give that to me. He also provides ways beyond ourselves at times in order to fulfill those desires. 

*If* we're not pregnant again this month, I'll start on my first cycle of Clomid in June. I know the risks. I know the side effects. I'm nervous but willing to give it a try. His will, not mine.

1 comment:

  1. How will the potential of twins affect you financially, what about YOUR health? Twins and one kidney? Have your ovaries been sonogramed to see that they are full of eggs and have they been watched when you do ovulate? What about your thyroid? Your husband's sperm? What is the underlying reason? I pray for a positive outcome. God gives us the information to make these decisions and ultimately we have free will to make the final decision...not God. Be well.

    ReplyDelete