Saturday, July 24, 2010

One of those weeks

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed." Psalm 34:18 (NLT)

I admit that it's been a tough week for me. I'm just not myself. I've cried a lot more in the last week than I have in months. I think that one of the unfortunate downsides of always being the encourager is that people have the misconception that you always have it together, which I clearly don't.

I'm really missing Robert right now. August is creeping up on me and it's amazing to me how quickly all those memories and the pain come crashing down on you when you least expect it. Maybe it's that AF reared her ugly head and I've been a raging lunatic. Maybe I'm still emotional that Mason has started Kindergarten. Or maybe I'm just a heartbroken momma who misses her son.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just stumbled on you from ICLW! I blog to help others through IF after being successful. I just did a post today on the success from someone going through secondary infertility! You may want to read it to get inspired! Congrats on your son going to kindergarten! What a milestone! I just added your link. (ICLW #45 & 46)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had such a hard week last week. I hope this week will be a better one for you. I like the scripture quote at the beginning of your post. I pray that you will be blessed with strength and comfort this week.

    ReplyDelete