Thursday, July 15, 2010

"First Day of School! First Day of School!"

Mason's all ready for Kindergarten!

I can hardly believe it, but I am now officially the mom of a Kindergartner! Yikes! How did five years go by that quickly? Mason had his first day of Kindergarten yesterday (and yes, we do year-round schools here) and he did, well, fantastic! I, on the other hand, took it a little harder.

I totally cried! (only in the car on the way there) He's my little guy. My buddy. He's Momma's Mason. But he was great! He gave me a kiss and said goodbye and that was it. He's so ready to be in school. He's Mr. Social, he's reading and loves to learn. So I begin to understand that he is God's first and I slowly let go of all the things I can't control and simply trust in a loving Lord who loves my son even more than I do.

Mason coming downstairs (with a huge smile) on his first day of school

Momma and Mason

Mason and Daddy

I have had the absolute privilege of being a Stay at Home Mom (SAHM) with Mason and it has blessed my socks off. I've enjoyed every minute of being with him and watching him grow into such a beautiful, strong boy. As a mom, life happens so fast as you watch your little one get older. Even so, I still find myself asking,"Could I have done more? Savored more of the moments?"

And as absolutely blessed I know I am to be able to do this even once, I can't help but wonder if I'll ever do it again. I think that somewhere inside, I'm a little worried that I was careless at times thinking I'd have another child here with me by the time Mason went to school. I thought I'd have this one covered. It's just one more example of how our future is in God's hands and not our own.

So I embrace this new season of my life, even with all of its uncertainty. I treasure what's happening now with a hopeful expectation of what's to come.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a mother (yet) so I never understood why mom's get emotional when their kids start kindergarten. Well, when my niece started kindergarten two years ago, I finally realized why mom's get emotional. I was there on her first day and it was such a special milestone. It was the realization that your baby is growing up and starting to spread their wings.

    Mason looks so cute and handsome. Congrats on your baby growing up.

    It's so true that God is in control of our future. He knows what is in store for us. We just have to be still and listen to the promptings of the spirit (which you have)!

    ReplyDelete