Monday, December 21, 2009

Private or not?

When I started this blog, I wanted a place to talk about the struggles of TTC and specifically, secondary infertility. I've been completely honest and open about the physical, emotional and mental aspects of infertility. And what began as a personal journey became a place for friends and family to gain a peak into what we are going through. It's also given me the privilege of connecting with other women who are also struggling with infertility. Even those I've never met IRL. Never did I even imagine that this deeply personal information would be used against us or turned into something ugly. But what I've come to realize is that when you make yourself vulnerable, you may have people who try to hurt you, knowing that you are so vulnerable.

We recently dealt with such a person who took our journey and turned it into something ugly and hurtful. We were accused of trying to steal money from family to pay for infertility treatments and other absurdities. My immediate response was to try to guard myself and my family and turn my blogs private. What I came to realize though is that by doing so, I was letting that person win. I was letting them have the control. The truth is that what they said had nothing to do with me or Bob and what we were going through - it had to do with them and the condition of their heart. Matthew 12:34 says that, "from the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." Meaning, what you store in your heart will flow out of your mouth and from your life. If you store up evil, you will produce evil things and words. If you store up good, your life produces good. And oh boy, did we ever see the condition of that person's heart. How sad.

So after all of that, I've decided that my blogs will go back to being public. I'm so grateful for all of the unbelievable love and support that we've received over the last year and want to thank you all for the continued support. I'm actually really excited about what we have going on right now and I'm praying that we'll be pregnant after the new year.

1 comment:

  1. Don't let them win. I thought about going private, too, at one time, but after a gal found my blog by googling the name of the clinic we'd used with Seth, and after she told me what a blessing my blog had been, I was so glad I hadn't. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete