Monday, December 21, 2009

IUI cycle - CD6

Yes, in a very last minute decision, we are doing an IUI w/injectables this cycle (with our own, hard-earned money!!!). The timing was perfect in my cycle and we really feel as though God just dropped it in our lap, so we really feel at peace with this decision.

So here's what I've been up to so far:
CD1 - I had an ultrasound (US) to check for cysts and to make sure this cycle was a go (which, luckily, it is!)
CD3 - I began the injectable medication Bravelle. It initially freaked me out with all the mixing and the thought of injecting myself in the stomach. It took me five minutes just to get the nerve to inject, but when I did, I found that it was virtually painless.
CD4 - Injection
CD5 - Injection (I'm a pro by now :-))

And tonight for CD6, it's another injection. Tomorrow morning, I go in for another US to check the status and to determine if I need to stay on this dosage of meds. I'll also get my next plan for injections, monitoring, etc. If all goes as planned, we're looking at an insertion on 12/30 or 12/31.

I'm really excited about what we're doing with the IUI and I'm praying that this is what it takes this time. Please keep us in your prayers over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment