Tuesday, December 29, 2009

And the waiting begins (again!)

We had the IUI done yesterday morning and everything went very well. Bob's sperm count was excellent (yes, he had his He-Man moment with 48 million post wash). Other than the cramping that I felt into the afternoon and evening, I'm feeling pretty good.

Tomorrow (CD15), I'll begin daily progesterone suppositories up until (and possibly after) I take a HPT on January 11 (okay, probably before that). So once again, we're back to the 2ww. What's a little more waiting, right? Other than the fact that these two weeks have the potential for changing the life of our family in a very real way.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous or scared or anxious, because I am. We've been through so much in the last 20 months. It's not just being scared about whether I'll be able to conceive again, but will I be able to carry another baby to term? But then I am gently reminded of Philippians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Today, I rest in the promise that God will grant me the peace to make it through the next 2 weeks and hopefully, into the next 9 months.

2 comments: