Monday, June 15, 2009

A typical month

So once again, I find myself in the last week of my cycle and waiting for either the infamous AF or, hopefully, a BFP. To someone who does not have to work so hard to TTC, they might not understand how it feels throughout the month. 

In the beginning of my cycle, it's really a mix of emotions. I'm disappointed that I'm not pregnant for another month, but I quickly go to preparing myself for what I need to do for my next month in order to TTC again. Then there's all the other things in between, like meds, and temping, and OPK's and the right lubricant. So meanwhile I'm having to put my body through all this "stuff" and all Bob has to do is show up for sex. Yeah, poor Bob!

And then I get to this week, the last week of my cycle, and I sit and wait. I know at this point that we've done all we can for a month, but the wait is agony. I look for signs, any signs, that I may or may not be pregnant. This week is a little different in that I'll go in on Wednesday for blood work to check my progesterone level; if it's high, than I've successfully ovulated - low and it's another cycle of Clomid. And then even if I have ovulated, there's no guarantee that this is the month. 

I fully admit that I'm tired. Sometimes I wonder if I really want to do this anymore. Why, especially after losing Robert, that I have to work so hard to become pregnant again? And then I remember that God knows so much better than I do what is best for me. He knows my body inside and out. He quietly urges me to have faith and keep believing that he has it all under control. He requires that I surrender my fertility, just like everything else, to him and him alone. 

1 comment:

  1. Katy, sometimes the resting period is the time when God really speaks to our hearts and gives us those desires we so long for. I know that you feel like you are working so hard to have another child and it is very emotional and very tiring, but cling to Bob, I am sure he is just as deep into this as you, just not having to take all the meds and go through the procedures, but he feels your pain and emotions and that is hard on a husband, trust me. Been there done that. I used to think that Craig just didn't care cause he didn't "show" me enough by putting as much effort as me when in truth, he just hurt so badly for me and didn't know how to be there for me.
    I really love you and your family and pray for oneness, peace, patience, and anything else that you need to get through this time of waiting because it is in waiting that God reveals his deep love for us all.
    Love ya girl, just really thinking about you tonight :)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete