Monday, November 1, 2010

The 30-day Giving Challenge

Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something. 
~ Author Unknown

Today is November 1st and if you're anything like me, you already feel flung head first into the upcoming holiday season. I love the holidays. Spending time with friends and loved ones. The festive decorating. Choosing that perfect gift for your spouse and children. The food! Ah, so many things to love and yet, so many things to stress over. Like, stressful times with family. All the time it takes to decorate (which, we as moms and women do most of!). Buying gifts on a budget. And gaining weight from all that food!

With Thanksgiving being only 3.5 weeks away, most of us begin to think about just how thankful we are. And while it's important to be thankful, it really puts the focus on us, "I'm thankful for ..." After all, there are two parts to Thanksgiving; the "thanks" part and the "giving" part. This month, I'm committing to the latter part of the word, the "giving" part. This month I'm committing to the 30-day Giving Challenge. Simply put, it's just what it sounds like. I'm taking each day during the month of November and I'm consciously making the effort to give. Give my time. Give my money. Give my resources. Just give of my heart. Let me be very clear that my giving has nothing to do with me and everything to do with Jesus. I will listen and respond to the promptings of the holy spirit. I'm pledging to God that I will continue to say yes to all the little things and that it will all be to His glory. Period.

I'm pretty excited to see where God will take me this month. He's already got ideas swirling around in my head, but I'm not going to share them here just yet because I don't want to ruin the surprise if I'm planning something for someone who reads my blog. You'll just have to wait and read what God does this month and I pledge to post about it everyday.

So I'm wondering who will join me? What can you do this month above and beyond what you normally do? How can you sacrificially give this month to His glory? Don't think of it as a service project or something to cross off your list but of something you get to do.

Here's to an awesome month of giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment