Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Next Step

I'm mid-cycle, month three of Clomid and thankfully, my last month. No, I'm not pregnant (yet), but it's pretty clear now that lack of ovulation is not the issue. I had my progesterone checked for the last few months and I'm clearly ovulating, so there's no good reason for me to continue on Clomid. I know that Clomid has helped many women to become pregnant, but it's made me crazy! I've been hyper-hormonal and it gave me some serious insomnia, not to mention the nasty hot flashes. I'm truly thankful to be moving on.

So, what's next? Well, Bob was "checked" a few weeks ago and everything is great with him. Let's just say that he has more than enough swimmers with the speed of Michael Phelps. And yes, he's allowed to ride his bike again. My doctor believes that I may have some blockage in my fallopian tubes, either due to a mucus plug or from scar tissue and infection from my last pregnancy. On CD1 I'll schedule a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) test for CD8. This test and x-ray will flush out my fallopian tubes, and hopefully unplug whatever's blocked. There's often a very good chance of becoming pregnant right after an HSG, so we're hopeful that this is what will help us to finally become pregnant. And if not, well, then God will provide the next step.

Praying that August will be our month.

1 comment:

  1. I am elated that you are one step closer to an answer. I hope your dreams come true and the HSG reveals that all systems are go! It shows everything in there and can be a bit uncomfortable and wet. Very wet. It's a simultaneous flush of dye and water. Pretty neat to see your 'womb' in all its glory. It is such a miracle. It will be your month. A blessing following such a loss.

    ReplyDelete