Saturday, August 29, 2009

The procedure I've been waiting for

I haven't blogged in a while, mainly because there was nothing new in the TTC department. I had a ridiculously long cycle last month (at least for me) and AF came 9 days late. Absolute torture! There's nothing like having an extra long cycle with no BFP to send you over the edge.

On Monday, I will finally have my Hystersalpingogram or HSG. This procedure will tell us if I have any sort of blockage in my fallopian tubes, which would be preventing me from becoming pregnant. Over and over again, I keep hearing how positive this procedure can be when there is a slight blockage, only because the actual test can be enough to "push out" any obstructions. Although an HSG is not a treatment itself, there is an increase in pregnancy in some women in the three months following an HSG.

Through testing both Bob and I, we know that we are both fertile, so a blockage just may be what is keeping us from getting pregnant again. And if it's not, than we'll move on to the next step of setting up a consultation with Carolina Conceptions. Although I'm praying hard that this is all it takes, it's a comfort to know that we always have a next step.

Please keep in your prayers on Monday, August 31st at 11:00 am. Please pray that His will be done and that this procedure will get us one step closer to our new baby.

3 comments:

  1. You'll be in my prayers, Katy!!! Just be prepared for the uncomfortable-ness! :-) -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY BEAUTIFUL KATY! I LOVE YOU AND WILL BE WITH YOU ON MONDAY THROUGH PRAYER...LOVE FROM MOMMA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, I will be thinking of you. You will get some answers tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete