Friday, September 18, 2009

Infertility Sucks

I know, not a real classy title, but it really does say it all.

I'm pretty darn sure that I'm out for another month, which means beginning our 11th cycle of TTC. If I had it my way, I'd probably just take a break until the beginning of next year, get through the holidays, etc. But my doctor highly recommends that we take advantage of the HSG and the increased fertility rates within the first three months of the procedure. So, it's on to Femara CD3-7 and a consult with a reproductive endocrinologist at Carolina Conceptions (which I'm really looking forward to - NOT!) I mean, I know that there are wonderful doctors and intervention for people who need help with infertility; I just never thought I'd be one of those people who needed it.

I hit some real lows this cycle. I hate the roller coaster of emotions that I go through every month. The hormones, the anticipation and the disappointment. It can really start to wear on you (and on everyone around you!)

I'm ready for a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Katy, it absolutely sucks!! The drugs and the timing is enough to drive us all crazy and especially after dealing with the loss of the child and the emotions that with loosing a child. I will pray for a positive outcome for you during this cycle. :) I hope to be starting to try soon myself.

    ReplyDelete